When you face federal charges, especially those related to white collar crime, you need the assistance of an attorney who is familiar with the rules and processes that are followed in federal court. Because state and federal courts are so different, not every lawyer is able to adequately defend you against these charges and the life-altering consequences that they carry.
With nearly 15 years of legal experience and a license to practice in all of the federal District Courts in Louisiana, Sal is well-equipped to handle your case. Contact his New Orleans law firm through his online form or by calling 800-861-4407.
New Orleans White Collar Crime Attorney
Sal's clients may take advantage of his increased awareness of:
- Federal sentencing: Federal judges are bound by sentencing guidelines and are not given as much sentencing discretion as state judges.
- Federal court in Louisiana: Sal has experience working in the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals (where all of Louisiana's federal courts' appeals are heard) and in all of the federal District Courts in Louisiana. He also has experience in all three federal courts in Louisiana.
- Evidence in federal court: Federal court requires a greater emphasis on the amount and type of evidence that is used than state court. Sal's experience as a police officer allows him to know exactly what evidence to gather to make his arguments more persuasive.
- Federal agency credibility: There is an underlying assumption that if the FBI has gathered evidence and a case is brought to trial, the case is rock solid. Sal uses his powerful and effective trial techniques to stand up for his clients and fight this assumption.
Sal has defended clients against many different types of federal charges, including:
- Money laundering
- Misappropriation of funds
- Federal drug charges
For these or other federal and white collar crimes, Sal uses his more than two decades of combined law enforcement and legal experience along with his cutting-edge trial skills to mount a strong defense for his clients.
Contact Sal for Help With Your Federal Case
To schedule a free initial consultation with Louisiana federal criminal defense attorney Sal Brocato, contact him through his online form or call him at 800-861-4407.